Minnesota Aurora FC is a women’s soccer team, a community-owned team, and a community-driven team. By design we are built For Community and By Community. Soccer for and by community should be about joy, bringing people together, the shared emotions of triumph and heartbreak, and the celebration of greatness.
For Community: We exist within a network of diverse and unique people. We bear a social responsibility to bring those people together, amplify their voices, and build this community together.
By Community: Our club is an assembly of people, each one playing a different and essential role. The players, fans, staff, and ownership work together to form its identity and carry its vision forward.
- Minnesota Aurora pursues sporting greatness with a human-centered focus. Our club offers opportunities and invests in women financially and holistically in pursuit of success.
- The growth of women’s soccer requires investing in women in soccer. We are a women-led organization, and commit to actively recruiting, retaining, and promoting women in sports and those who share this goal.
- We are dedicated to action and fierce advocacy for the broader advancement and freedom of women and gender-expansive people. We support reproductive rights, gender-affirming care, and bodily autonomy.
- Soccer is for everyone. We commit to equitable access to soccer by removing barriers to entry for players and fans.
- Our club recognizes that social and economic factors impact the people around us. We have a responsibility to play our part, and only succeed when our communities thrive.
- We seek to eliminate bigotry in all its forms. We believe Black lives matter, trans women are women, and no person is illegal. We adamantly support the freedom of all people to live without hatred, violence, and discrimination.
- We value innovation and creativity. Fostering ideas and imagination will build a unique and groundbreaking club.
- We believe in collaboration and being in relationship with one another. We need to include stakeholders in our conversations and plans at all levels of the club. Our goal is to seek advice, listen, and give weight to others’ opinions.
- We must operate with transparency and humility. We recognize that all these principles are a guiding light and North Star. It is the job of everyone involved with the club to ensure we strive for these principles and when we fail, to be honest, reflective, and make necessary changes.